Saturday 26 November 2011

Day 5: Favourite Place

























Well, there is no point putting a place I do not know well, for that would be rather a shallow love. I have gone for a wide interpretation of "place" of course. I could have just done my favourite chair. Except I don't have a favourite chair. I do have a favourite bowl. Most of our bowls are inadequate.

I have drawn St Andrews, which has a plethora different types of scenery. Sea, forest, notable architecture, old ruins, and tea shops.

I have also drawn myself on the main street: in a gown, covered in foam, coming back from a swim in the sea-filled pool at Castle sands, in a trench coat when it is raining (From a great day when the rain came down like the town was one big outdoor shower and I went running in just my trench coat, underwear, and wellies. Next time it would be better to wear socks. It was lovely, since you immediately got soaked and didn't have that nasty damp feeling. Plus, I knew that I could easily run home whenever I liked, peel my coat off  - no nasty struggle out of damp clothes - and warm up with dry dressing gown and tea.)

No comments:

Post a Comment