Tuesday 30 July 2013

The Burrow Open House, Brighton

I spent last weekend in Brighton, participating in an open house art exhibition. The Burrow, a.k.a Moomin House, is home to the very welcoming Laura Honeker. A variety of colourful couchsurfers have stayed under her roof and I am no exception. I couchsurfed with her back in November, as I fancied a jaunt to Brighton, and at that time my travel expenses to London had been paid by the BFI as I took part in the Second Light Documentary Pre-Production workshops.

My poster for The Burrow exhibition

On Friday I saw the sights of Brighton with fellow creatives Nathan Berry and Leti Mortimer. The Brighton Museum desk-man was nice enough to let us leave some Burrow flyers there. The Brighton Museum was also nice, in that it was full of some interesting stuff.
Leti Mortimer, illustrator, and Nathan Berry, photographer, outside the pavilion.

Meg Vaughan, designer.
Saturday was Trans Pride in Brighton. I missed the march and main rally, as I was manning (/womanning) the fort back at the Burrow. But I did end up there later, having taken a walk, and saw some free comedy.

Nick Williams, musician.
In the background is art by Thea Wilkins and Leti Mortimer.
Sunday saw a final party, with live music by Nick Williams with his instrument assortment, Laura Nenonen and her cello. There was also an impromptu performance by a blonde girl on keyboard, whose name I didn't catch.
Some cool street art.

No comments:

Post a Comment