Saturday 4 June 2011

Fever Poem

I wrote this at 5am this morning, feeling the flush of aspirin battling fever. In hindsight, I say it is inspired by the Slutwalk / IMF chief news stories.


The Old Bug Story

In my defence, said the beetlebug, it wasn't terribly hard,
Your honour, said the ladybug, he is twice my size.
To sum up, said the grasshopper,
Your figure is not great.
You have yet to find a mate.
While beetlebug is a high-flyer,
You are a flighty liar.
Beetlebug is on the stick exchange,
Womanbug where is your career?
Your skirts only go down to here,
You do not show appropriate fear,
To my grasshopper status and rank.
Case dismissed.

Ladybug saved up to purchase a knife,
Then one summer day took her own life.
Goodbye polka-dot lady in red.




The grasshopper mused, I'll invent a pie.
Make a mint.
As the leaping lord filled his coffers,
The beetlebug ran for public office.






No accompanying picture due to illness.
I do happen to have this bug one though >

No comments:

Post a Comment