Saturday 20 August 2011

Mad News



This is mad.
Man dies after being tasered, 'cause of death unknown'.
I think I can guess. Was it: being hit by a taser?

Heard on BBC Radio that the last person who died in the UK after a taser attack did so because of a weak heart. So how many people have weak hearts in the UK? Pretty big risk, assuming the guy your tasering isn't one of them. And what if all deaths were explained in this way? "Man dies due to not keeping Bible in breast pocket" for example, instead of saying he was shot in the heart.


References: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-14553613
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1651953.family_attacks_inquest_ruling_on_taser_death/ [this must be the man mentioned on the radio]




Evicting may lead to Homelessness
In the opening paragraph of a Times article this week, it explained that some people think evicting may lead to homelessness. Hmm, yes, at first I was hard pressed to see the correlation, but then I did, once I stopped being mad.


No reference provided for this one, since The Times don't let just anyone put their grubby eyes on their nice news site. I read it in the terrestrial world, from my Grandad's paper copy, earlier this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment